Your local councillors have been provided with a useful update on the Poynton Relief Road.
The newsletter with this update is included at the bottom of this post as an attachment, but the highlights are:
- Works to construct a piling platform on the south side of Chester Road will be carried out during the coming weeks. The works involve excavating down 650mm before 2,700 Tonnes of stone is delivered, laid and compacted.
- Service diversions continue on Chester Road to make way for the new structure and mainline carriageway that will pass beneath it.
- Works will commence to construct 3 new attenuation ponds which when completed will manage surface water during wet weather periods, before naturally draining away into the existing water courses.
- The bulk earthworks have been completed due to the dry weather conditions during June and July. Profiling of the ground and slopes are now been carried out.
- Works will shortly start on the Lostock Hall accommodation bridge with reinforced steel and concrete works being undertaken to create the raft foundations for the structure. The completed structure will provide a connection for the landowner and allow the reinstatement of the public right of way.
- The erection of permanent boundary fencing will take place on Chester Road.
Please read the attached newsletter for a fuller update. If you have any questions or concerns, please either contact your local councillor or email GRAHAM on PoyntonReliefRoad@graham.co.uk.